The GFWC Juniors’ Special Program: Advocates for Children is designed to encourage all Woman's, Junior Woman's, Juniorette and International Affiliate Clubs to make a difference in the life of a child by being an advocate. The Program was envisioned as a way for clubwomen to provide a voice for children and to teach and encourage parents and other caregivers to advocate for children at the grassroots.
Click here for the Junior's Special Project, GFWC Advocates for Children, from the 2022-2024 GFWC Club Manual.
Chairman: Robin Gendron; RGendron6@gmail.com
- RoOur club hosted the January 2008 Mid-Winter Conference where 14 members attended and donated over 100 items for Birthday Wishes for children in shelters and contributed $80 worth of items in 2012 for "Birthday in a Box."
- We provided pajamas and books for the Pajama Program at the 2008 Annual Conference in Springfield.
- Members worked at the Boys and Girls Club of Metro West during the 2008 Fall Conference painting and making centerpieces as well as donating shelving, beanbag chairs, a lego table, and books.
- Members worked at the Mercy Center in Worcester by putting together boxes and teaching materials for the center as well as donating over 100 books at the 2009 Fall Conference.
- The club purchased luminaries from Birthday Wishes and displayed them on December 2nd.
- Members donated over $100 worth of items for Birthday Wishes