The GFWC Arts and Culture Community Service Program encourages members to promote and support arts and culture programs in their clubs and communities, and to expand understanding on every level, from local and regional to national and international. Our goal is to create projects that include crafts, dance, drama, food, music and other manifestations of art and culture that develop skills, awareness, and appreciation. It is designed to inspire clubwomen and ignite within them a desire to make the world a more beautiful, thoughtful, and caring place.
Click here for the GFWC Arts Community Service Program from the 2022-2024 GFWC Club Manual.
Click here for the GFWC Photography Contest guidelines from the 2022-2024 GFWC Club Manual.
Click here for the World in Pictures GFWC Massachusetts photography contest form.
Click here for the Clubwomen in Action GFWC Massachusetts photography contest form.
Chairman: Edie Edlund, EdithM.Edlund@gmail.com
Our many GFWC Community Service Projects for the Arts have included:
- A Dr. Seuss drawing contest for school children
- Helping children make puzzle frames at the Dighton Arts Festival
- Entering the GFWC art and photography contest: two members have won in the "Year in Pictures" contest
- Decorating our tea hats for our June Social
- Answering art trivia questions each month from our newsletter
- Fundraising by contributing money when we don't complete a daily art activity for the month
- Decorating monthly fashion pictures in our own style.
- Decorating eyeglass cases at a club meeting
- Making origami paper cranes for Japan at a meeting
- Coloring in sections of the fabric for the 1924 scarves to be sold as a Junior fundraiser
- Members painted their chosen ceramic items during our 2012 Mystery Ride to Creative Getaways Studio in Easton, MA
- American Mural Project - we donated 16 watches.